this post is about exporting a viewObject data to an XML document.
Sometimes we need to generate XML document with the same data in ViewObject, for this ADF provides a facility to directly export viewobject data to an XML document using ViewObjectImpl class
See the steps to generate XML for a ViewObject
- Create a Fusion Web application and model using HR schema (Departments & Employees) table (master-detail relation using viewLink)
- Now to generate XML, i have used writeXML method of ViewObjectImpl class, it produce XML using two parameters
from oracle docs-
writeXML(int depthCount, long options)
here depthCount – no. of ViewLink levels that should be traversed to produce XML
options- how many rows you want to export, It can be set any of flags given below
Includes all rows in the view object’s row set in the XML.
Includes only the rows in the current range in the XML.
- Created a method in DepartmentsVOImpl class to export data to XML, added it to client Interface
- Now run application module to execute method and see generated XML on the console
- I have created a simple page with an af:codeEditor to show generated XML, the button to generate XML and a spinner to pass depth level of view link accessor
In case depth level is ‘0’, it export data only for Departments viewObject
Change level to ‘1’ , Now it generate XML for Departments –> Employess relation
- Now to how to customize XML? How to change default tags for attribute names and rows?
- To change attribute label (tag in XML)- Suppose I have to change DepartmentName to Name in XML
- Add an attribute level custom property named
XML_ELEMENTto a value
AnyOtherNameto change the XML element name used for that attribute
- To change Row label (tag in XML)- Suppose I have to change DepartmentsVORow to DepartmentLine in XML
- Add the ViewObject level custom property named
XML_ROW_ELEMENTto a value
AnyOtherNameto change the XML element name used for that Row
- Now Run and see generated XML –
Cheers 🙂 Happy Learning
I’m an Oracle ACE, Blogger, Reviewer,
Technical Lead working on Oracle ADF